Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mamma Mia!

I saw Mamma Mia over the weekend and loved it! I'm not embarrassed to admit that I have been going around humming old ABBA songs. I know some reviewers think it is simple and not realistic, but, you know, I'm not sure it is more unrealistic than a rich guy dressing up like a bat and fighting crime. Of course, I still think film history was made by Pillow Talk with Doris Day.

Best of all, Meryl Streep dances and does huge jumps on a bed. I'd like to think that could be me but I was squirming in my seat with a pinched nerve in my back. By the way, remember the steroids they put me on for shingles? I'm back on them. But if I ever get rid of the back pain, I'm going to try doing a saddle jump on my bed and climbing on tables singing "Take a Chance on Me." I'll let you know how that works out.

No comments: