Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Introducing: Victoria



Several people have asked me who Victoria is. Victoria is my cat and editorial assistant!

She looks big in the photo but she actually is very small. You can see that she sits on the back of the chair and watches me write.

Victoria and I go for walks in the evening. She goes on a leash! Sounds weird but she puts up with it. She's a rescue kitty and part of the deal is that she cannot be allowed to wander outside.

I also have an ancient horse... 33 years old. She's not ridden any more, but that's OK because I don't know how to ride anyway! My daughter (the jockey) used to compete with her in hunter-jumper shows.

If any of you own horses, you'll know what I mean when I say that my economic stimulus check went directly to the barn! Who knew you had to "float" horses' teeth. Really?

The horse is one of the main reasons I have become so good at seeking out good deals!

No comments: