Sunday, October 11, 2009

Jewelry on 5th









The Art of Jewelry opened Friday night, and, not being one to miss any jewelry show, I was there. It was a wonderful chance to see one-of-a-kind creations from award-winning artists. Intricate metal designs, beads, gems and the artists were there to explain how they created the pieces.

I spotted some earrings that reminded me of some I bought years ago. Sure enough, it was the same artist only now she has a full line of earrings, cuffs, necklaces & more. Christi Klug cuts delicate shapes in metal for unique shapes. One of her designs is above (center). Check the Website http://www.arton5th.com/Jewelry-Perm/Preview/preview-AOJ.htm for a peek at some of the other designs.

The jewelry was modeled by 5'11" gorgeous models in strapless, black cocktail dresses. I'm not sure they would look the same on a 5'4" slightly pudgy woman in jeans!



















No comments: