Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not your ordinary library

Last Sunday I visited Laura's Library, the new Westbank location on the southeast corner of Bee Caves and Cuernavaca. This is not what I was expecting! It is what you always dreamed a public library could be.

Lots of new titles.. books and CDs....and plenty of comfortable seating to browse. I checked out a set of CDs from The Great Courses on music theory. I had wanted to order it for some time but it is very expensive. Now I can enjoy it!

If you love to cook, they have a collection worthy of the best bookstore. It's not a big library but well chosen selections.

I especially love the nooks (some with leather chairs!) to read in a soothing atmosphere. And did I mention the views? Amazing. So comfortable and homey.... better than my home!

They are open M & T Noon-8, Wed-Fri 10-6, Sat 10-4, and Sun 1-6.

No comments: