Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Visit with Porsche

I visited my ancient horse for the first time since my surgery in March. She may be old but she's strong so I was afraid to visit until I was sure my back could handle her.

Now we both have back issues: she's sway backed and I'm numb in places! Anyway, she looked great, especially for a lady of her years. She was glad to see me but not overwhelmed. Now I know why... a friend had offered to look after her while I was in treatment. Well, she has been washing, grooming, and walking her.... and giving her special treats. I am really going to have to step up my game to keep up with that! Thanks, Dana, it meant a lot to know someone was checking in on her.

It was really good to be out in the open air again. There was a light breeze despite the fact that it will get to 100 degrees this afternoon. And the grass is still green enough to be a treat for Porsche; later in the summer we'll have to look longer to find a green patch.

When I rub her forehead she rests her chin on my shoulder. I remember when she was young and frisky I was afraid of her... and she knew it. But now we have both mellowed.

No comments: