Monday, June 22, 2009

Suit Shopping

Margaret and Mike go shopping: Guest blog from Margaret Patterson

My husband and I went suit shopping recently. Like most Texas men, he equates buying a new suit to a root canal. After insisting that he wears a size he hasn’t worn for more than 10 years, he finally settled on another dark suit. In the process, however, my heart went out to him because he was forced to admit, as I was long ago, that the sands of time had descended to the bottom of the hourglass and settled there.

I had an aunt who stood on her head for five to 10 minutes each day to "fight gravity." I kidded her about it, but now I recall that when she was the age I am now, she still looked good in a size 8 swimsuit.

Unfortunately, in the case of my figure and my husband’s physique, it would take more than turning over the hourglass to force the sands of time up instead of down.

No comments: