Monday, March 31, 2008

Tap, tap, tapping my way to a thinner me

I was so tired this Monday morning. I stayed up last night watching a new show (at least new to me)called I Can Make You Thin. Have you seen this? The idea is that people eat for reasons other than hunger; we often eat for emotional reasons.

A woman on the show headed for her stash of chocolate goodies every time she talked to her ex-husband and gained oodles of pounds. He had been having an affair with her sister-in-law. Please! Good riddance! But that's another show. Anyway, she tapped her way to a substantial weight loss.

You just use two fingers and tap on the acupuncture pressure points. I saw tapping on the cheek bone, forehead, chin, and collar bone. It is supposed to keep you from food cravings that result from emotional needs.

Every time she talked to her ex, she tapped him (& the chocolate goodies) out of her life. I've been tapping a lot today, but it's too soon to tell if it's going to come between me and my dark chocolate chips.

You know, chocolate (actually cocoa) got me through my Atkins phase. My daughter's boyfriend had to come over and remove all my carbs. He found me in the kitchen eating out of a can of Hershey's cocoa.

I'll let you know how it goes. But if you spot a woman driving around tapping on her check bones, do not become alarmed.

No comments: