Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring renewal

On Easter I had lunch with my friend Eleanor and her family, including her 10-day old new granddaughter. I loved watching the new parents and hearing their plans for their new baby and new life.

I love spring because it is a time for renewal.... a time to clear out what you don't need anymore and look for new possibilities. Watching that tiny baby blink her eyes open to her new world reminds me that I, too, should stay open to new discoveries.

I hadn't kept up with Renee Trudeau since we worked together at health nonprofits many years ago. When I saw a newspaper article about her work recently, I contacted her about her work. Renee is now a nationally recognized career and work/life balance coach.

She is offering a Women's Spring Self-Renewal Retreat May 2-4 at The Crossings. Maybe the time is right to learn about self-care and quiet reflection. "Self-care is not about self-indulgence, it’s about self-preservation."—Audrey Lorde

http://www.reneetrudeau.com/order/womensretreat.html
Try to get a room with a view of the valley.... breathtaking!

I have a stack of self-improvement books in various stages of being read.But I'm thinking a massage, relaxation, and some quiet might do more!

No comments: