Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I got my hair highlighted last Friday, and I feel a lot more like my old self. I didn't realize how much a part of personality a hair style could be. Don't get me wrong; I'm just grateful to have any hair. But it is nice to look more like I remember me!

I waited until after my first checkup because apparently they don't want people with some kinds of cancer to use hair color. But not the cancer I had, and......the reports were all good. I thought they would be, but just being at M.D. Anderson again and going through all the tests made me anxious. They even cancelled the tests on the second day.... unnecessary.

And to make it even better, I stopped at a shop on the way out of Houston, and they had just marked down their summer clothes 75 percent. What a day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now look what you've gone and done. Complicated your calendar. So do you "touch-up" on a 6 week or 9 week schedule! :-) Let me know if blonds have more fun.

pat & victoria said...

The only reason I didn't go blond all over is that I didn't want to deal with the maintenance. Yikes! Do I really need to touch up highlights every 6 or 9 weeks? I saw an article about how to extend color between touchups...maybe I'd better go back & read it!
Really? 6-9 weeks?