Sunday, February 17, 2008

How bad do you have to look?


I had planned to write about eye liner gel today, but something happened that takes priority.

I went out to the stable to walk and groom my ancient horse. I wore old, dirty, out-of-style clothes because you just don't want to know what gets on your clothes when you're grooming a horse. Not cute, casual clothes but stuff that belongs in the garbage. The hair is wind-blown and stringy by now.

On the way home, I decided to stop at Neiman's Last Call since I haven't stopped by in a long time. It's Sunday afternoon... who's going to be there?

Who knew that Neiman's celebrates President's Day in a big way! I saw three people that I know well and, at six feet or less, looking right at me, none of them recognized me! Just how bad do you have to look for your friends not to recognize you up close and personal?

I ducked behind a row of Dolce & Gabbana handbags. Pretended to try on a Ralph Lauren belt. Slinked behind the Missoni coats. There it was ... the cash register!

I just wanted to pay for my top and get out. But..... the cash register jammed and they had to call a supervisor to re-run the transaction. I told the cashier I didn't need a receipt; I promise not to return the top.

My "horsey" clothes are now in the garbage.

P.S. Eye liner gel is great because it doesn't fade easily but is not a hard line like liquid liner. BUT you must have the right brush! I was talked into a tiny (& cheap)brush that, with gel on it, becomes hard and sharp... sort of like poking your eyelid with a needle. Bobbie Brown has a brush that works great, and I'm sure there are others. It must have artificial bristles to hold the gel and be very flat. Mine has a rounded tip. I've heard that a slanted brush also works but I'm not taking any chances.

No comments: