Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So glad to be back

I am so glad to have finished my cancer treatment(9 months!)and I am so glad to be back writing. Many thanks for all of the prayers. I have spent a lot of time at M.D. Anderson undergoing chemo, radiation, and surgery. I met some wonderful caregivers and patients there. The staff at M.D. Anderson are incredible! We are so lucky to have this facility in Texas. And cancer patients are some of the bravest (& most determined) people in the world.

My doctors are very pleased but I understand that there are no promises in life. I so very grateful to God and my family and friends who kept me moving forward when I was just plain tired of being sick. It was a rare and aggressive tumor in my back next to my spine.

I had always been in perfect health so this was a real shock. I will never take health for granted again. In fact, there are many things that I will not take for granted.

No comments: